Join National Taco Day with Mexican Street Tacos Pairing with Altos Tequila Cocktails
5 Cocktails Inspired by the Flavor of Tortilla
The main ingredient in most Mexican dishes, the corn tortilla, is the guest ingredient for each of the disruptive cocktails below.
- 40 ml Altos Plata macerated in puffed corn cereal
- 15 ml fine sherry
- 15 ml white vermouth
- 10 ml crema de cacao blanco
- taro and purple corn meringues for garnish
Place all ingredients in the mixing glass with ice and shake well. Serve in a Nick & Nora glass. Decorate with the meringues.
- 30 ml Altos Plata infused with cooked beef
- 30 ml Altos Reposado
- 30 ml nixtamalized corn syrup
- 30 ml citrus solution 10/1
- 2.5 ml coriander seed extract
- 2.5 ml chorizo tincture
- 2.5 ml vegetable lactoferment (tomato, onion, garlic and coriander)
- clarified lime false corn in coriandar for garnish
Place all ingredients in mixing glass with ice and shake well. Serve into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- 45 ml Altos Silver
- 15 ml lemon, hierba santa and celery cordial blend
- 10 ml Tío Pepe
- 3 dashes celery bitters
- cactus (nopal) and celery tortilla salt; white tortilla and grasshopper for garnish
Place all ingredients in mixing glass with ice and shake well. Serve into a glass with ice, previously frosted with salts.
- 45 ml Altos Silver
- 45 ml white tortilla horchata with epazote
- 25 ml cinnamon syrup
- frosted with tortilla powder, cinnamon and sugar
For the horchata: in 500 ml of boiling water, add 5 white tortillas cut into squares and 3 epazote leaves. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Cool, blend and strain.
In the mixing glass with ice, add the tequila, horchata and cinnamon syrup and shake well. Serve in a Collins glass with ice, frosted with the tortilla powder mixed with cinnamon and sugar.
Why Do You Make Me Cry
- 40 ml Altos Silver
- 90 ml of tomato and roasted red pepper juice
- 20 ml of lime juice
- 15 ml of Nixta (cacahuacintle corn liqueur)
- rim with tortilla salt
- 1 piece of roasted baby corn for garnish
For the tomato and roasted pepper juice:
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
In advance, prepare the tomato and roasted red pepper juice by cooking the tomatoes, pepper and garlic in a pan. When the skins are burned, remove them from the heat and blend them. If necessary, add water until you get the desired texture. Season with salt, strain and refrigerate.
In a mixing glass with plenty of ice, add all the ingredients and shake well. Serve into a Collins glass with ice.