Taste Like Winter
Winter Cocktails… with a touch of summer
Chocolate Frío Mexicano
By Eric Job
- 4 dashes Xocolatl bitters
- .5 part Ancho Reyes
- 1 part Meletti Amaro
- 1 part Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
- 1.5 parts Altos Repo tequila
Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass. Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
By Eric Job
- 2 dashes Scrappy’s Fire Tincture bitters
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- .75 part agave syrup
- .5 part Dolin de Chambery Blanc Vermouth
- .5 part St. George Green Chile
- 1.5 parts Altos Plata
Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice. Top with pineapple White Claw and a sprinkle of sea salt. Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel.
- 60 ml Havana Club Profundo rum
- 5 ml La Mata’s Jambolán cordial
- 10 ml orange and tarragon syrup
Find a cool glass and serve the mix over ice, beginning with the cordial. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with an edible flower.
- 50 ml Altos Repo tequila
- 25 ml La Mata’s smoked tamarind cordial
- 5 ml chocolate infused Campari
- 1 dash salt
Shake and serve in a double rocks glass with a rim of broiled lemon peel sugar.
- 1.5 oz Altos Repo tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz triple sec.5 oz agave syrup
- 2 jalapeño coins (seeds removed)
At the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeño coins with agave syrup. Pour the remaining ingredients into the shaker, fill with ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a salt-rimmed rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 45 ml Altos Plata
- 30 ml Aperol23 ml Carpano Antika
- 1 barspoon of Green Chartreuse
Build ingredients in a stirring glass and stir. Serve with a flamed orange peel in a coupette glass.
- 60 ml Altos Plata
- 15 ml Cocchi Americano
- 3 dashes Amontillado sherry
Build ingredients in a stirring glass, stir and strain; no ice. Serve in a coupette glass. No garnish.